Silverberry Genomix is a DNA lifestyle company that uses AI and genetic assessments to optimize fitness plans and daily wellness decisions that lead to positive lifestyle changes. #Fitness #health #wellness #DNA
The Hackathon by Silverberry for Data Scientists (#datathon) will bring together data scientists, developers, designers, and fitness enthusiasts over an intense 24-hour period of creative explosion to build and pitch solutions leveraging the Silverberry platform to build innovative genetic consumer apps.
Silverberry’s API and SDK functionality can be embedded into any existing website, app or marketplace to bring the participants’ project to life. Teams will present their ideas to a panel of judges made up of entrepreneurs, investors, and advisors from Silicon Valley and experts nationally who use genetic and DNA assessment in their practices.
We provide a genomics database AND the tools necessary to create innovative, AI-based solutions, as a unique opportunity for anyone to get into the genomics space and hack across the steep learning curve that DNA and genetic assessment usually involves.
Don’t miss this special event!
Use of DNA and Genetic Assessment for Behavior Change
DNA assessment and genetics can guide health and wellness decision when it leads to action. Winners will be selected based on the promise of effectiveness of their solution to further communication and engagement with the users who are looking to take action that leads to behaviour change and positive lifestyle decisions.
In partnership with Galvanize, the house for AI Education, Sequencing.com, the largest marketplace for genetic apps, and Crave Health, an integrative health practice comprised of registered dietitian nutritionists and health counselors, Silverberry is offering this datathon to focus on solutions around these primary categories:
- Wellness and Fitness Planning
- Use of Emerging Technologies for Genomics (Blockchain, Chat bots, etc.)
- Simple to complex integration models for your industry of choice: education, lifestyle changes, health awareness, personality development, travel, telemedicine, skincare, retail, etc.
To learn more about use of DNA assessment for fitness see Silverberry online course on Udemy.
Never been in a hackathon or don’t know anything about DNA? No problem!
This hackathon is designed for data scientists, developers, health and wellness enthusiasts, UX and graphics designers, IT professionals, students and anyone seeking to re-imagine how we manage our wellness and health.
If you are a designer or wellness enthusiast, come and team up with data scientists and programmers to build the next generation healthcare solutions. We will match you with peers with complementary expertise to form your teams. Bring your knowledge and insight to build what matters!
Space is limited, and the first 100 registrants are guaranteed to participate.
San Francisco, SoMa, Galvanize, 44 Tehama St, San Francisco, CA 94105
Friday, July. 20th, 5 p.m. to Saturday, July 21, 8 p.m.
Silverberry will provide its DNA Assessment API and sample data. Sequencing.com will provide access to its marketplace for the genetics apps made.
Participation is Free
In addition to industry recognition and global exposure among an influential network, several prizes are offered by the sponsors:
- A 3-month Galvanize membership for 1 winner ($1650 Value)
- 5 DNA Testing Kits and Comprehensive Wellness Reports ($1440 Value)
- Free apps and products from Sequencing.com’s marketplace ($300 Total)
- Free sessions by Crave Health counselors for those who take the DNA test ($300 Value)
- Hackathon Participation Certification
- More to come!
Register on Eventbrite and secure your spot!
Silverberry Genomix Datathon Schedule
DNA, DATA, AND AI UNITE
TO EMPOWER CHANGE AND WELLNESS
July 20-21, 2018
July 20, 2018
5:00 pm to 6:00 pm Registration & Networking
6:00 p.m. to 7:00 pm Opening Ceremony and Sponsor Spotlights
- Use of DNA Assessment for Wellness & Fitness Planning – Ashley Besecker, Crave Health
- DNA-powered Apps: Trends and Patterns of Success – Dr. Brandon Colby, Sequencing.com
- Data Dive; How to go from Data to Science – Galvanize Data Science Program, Mark Llorente
- Poorya Saboonchi, Illumina Accelerator
- Intro to Silverberry API & SDK – Joseph Mottahedeh, Silverberry CTO
7:00 p.m. – 5:00 pm Next day! Ready, Set, Dive!
- Create something exciting and meaningful to you, your team, and our mission
July 21, 2018
- 5:00 p.m – 7:00 pm Presentations, Closing Ceremony & Prizes
- 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 pm Network, Mingle, and Celebrate! You earned it!?
Update: See Hackathon Report Here
Galvanize brings tech education and entrepreneurship together in a collaborative campus. Galvanize campuses are home to an eclectic mix of entrepreneurs, skilled programmers, expert data scientists, and men and women motivated to make an impact. www.galvanize.com
Sequencing.com‘s first-of-its-kind HIPAA and Privacy Shield compliant online platform transforms genetic data into meaningful information. The platform includes an app marketplace with more than 50 DNA-powered apps that empower individuals and healthcare professionals to be able to easily tap into genetic data for deep and rich insights. It is a one-stop-shop that collates and organizes available genetic-based apps into the world’s largest App Store for DNA. www.sequencing.com
Crave Health is an integrative health practice in Bellevue, Washington comprised of registered dietitian nutritionists, and licensed mental health counselors. Our providers work with clients in-office, and by phone or video with telemedicine. We work as a team, consulting each other on cases frequently, and always communicate with other providers on the clients health care team. www.crave-health.com