- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies does Silveberry use?
There are different types of cookies that assist Silveberry so that we can provide our users with the best experience possible. To achieve this, we use a combination of first-party and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are Silveberry cookies and can be of any of the types listed below. Third-party cookies are placed on a user browsing device by a third party.
- Types of cookies we utilize:
- Navigation Cookies: these are first-party or Silveberry cookies that provide a smooth user experience while navigating the websites we host. These cookies can authenticate a return user each time he or she enters a secure area of the site and log which tests are added to the shopping cart while the user is still browsing before checkout.
- Analytics Cookies: these are third-party cookies that provide metrics on how users use the websites we host. We use these to identify how we can improve user experience or identify issues while utilizing our services.
- Tracking Cookies: these cookies are used to track users who come to our site from a source who suggests us to their users. This includes affiliate tracking cookies.
- Advertising Cookies: these cookies analyze a user’s online habits and can help us to tailor our advertising to suit different users. By tracking if a user has visited Silveberry, we can then, through advertising agencies, display advertisements of our services on other websites.
- Types of cookies we utilize:
- How long will cookies stay on the device?
In terms of duration, there are two types of cookies: persistent and session based.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies stay on the user’s browsing device until the user clears them or until they reach their expiration. Persistent cookies are those that retain information on the user’s specific preferences so that we can provide a “personalized” user experience.
- Session Cookies: Session cookies expire and are deleted once the user’s browsing session is complete. These cookies allow users to navigate to pages within Silveberry.com without signing in to each page.
- Example cookies used by Silveberry
The following table lists examples of cookies used by Silveberry.
|Cookie Type||Example Cookie|
|Session Cookies||o oauthchooseaccount|
- How to manage cookies from this website
Users can adjust the settings in their browser to receive an alert each time a site sets a cookie.
- Our Cookies (First-Party Cookies): Through the browser used to view the website, users can enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by the specific browser (usually located within the “Help,” “Tools,” or “Edit” settings). Please note that if the browser is set to disable cookies, secure areas of a website may not be accessible, and other areas may not work properly.
- Third-Party Cookies: Cookies that are placed on a browsing device by a third party can be managed through the specific browser (as described above) or by checking the third party’s website for further information about cookie management and how to “opt out” of receiving cookies from them.
For further information about targeted advertising and cookies or to opt out of having this information used by companies that are a part of the Network Advertising Initiative, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/choices.